This year, I’m attending EAC Network’s Halloween Party to Protect Children. It’s a fundraiser whose proceeds go directly toward the nonprofit’s Protecting Children Programs, which help thousands of at-risk children each year. Some of you are shy. I get emails from you after-the-fact, saying, “I saw you at the airport, but I didn’t want you to think I was some crazy blog stalker, so I didn’t say hi.” If you read my site, for the most part, I doubt you’re crazy. Anon, you don’t count. I’m guessing, if you read, you’re quite smart and cute, and that we’d be friends–especially given that I met my husband by way of this blog, and also 3 or 4 of my closest friends through this blog, it doesn’t take much to know that I love people I meet through this blog. So, for those of you who live close enough, let me love you! I hope you will come out and join me this year at the event! Yes, I am serious! Let’s find friend-love.
Sunday, October 26, from 2-5pm at the Crest Hollow Country Club in Woodbury, NY.
The event is a fabulous day of family fun, where kids can come dressed in their sweetest or scariest costumes, to enjoy a DJ, mini golf, and giant Jenga, decorate their own trick or treat bags, feast on good eats, play games and more, all while helping children in need. Plus, every guest/family will receive complimentary tickets to Disney on Ice! Hello, these alone are generally worth more than the ticket price to this fundraiser event, so this is a great deal!
If you can’t attend, I hope you’ll consider donating, even the smallest amount, to the charity.
Note: I am not an official fundraiser chair for this event. I’m not on some committee. It doesn’t make me “look good,” or do me any social favors or anything. I just believe in the cause. My friend Annie works for EAC Network, but I paid for my ticket, just the same as anyone else, to raise money for at-risk kids. That’s it. And, it will be a memorable Sunday afternoon event for the kids and families, and I feel good knowing that I’m helping children who need our help.
ABOUT THE EAC NETWORK’S PROTECTING CHILDREN’S PROGRAMS:
– Chance to advance: improves outcomes for youth in foster care through mentoring.
– Court appointed special advocates program: The Long Island Court-Appointed Special Advocate Programs help children in foster care achieve a permanent home.
– Driving equation program: To improve teen driving and reduce the human and financial costs of accidents caused by teen drivers.
– Family Treatment court: The purpose of the Family Treatment Court is to provide enhanced services to parents alleged to have neglected their children as a result of alcohol or other drug use, to ensure the safety and well-being of children and to expedite permanency for children.
– Safe Start: promotes child passenger safety by working with parents of all ages and child care workers to promote effective and appropriate use of car seats, booster seats & seat belts to prevent injuries to children of all ages.
– Suffolk County Child Advocacy Center at the Pat & Mary Bagnato Place for Kids: To reduce the trauma of sexual abuse to children and promote coordinated prosecution of offenders.
– Suffolk County Children’s Center at Cohalan Court: To provide an alternative to crowded courtrooms, and a safe, secure and nurturing environment for children ages 6 weeks to 12 years of age.
– Supervised Visitation: To support and facilitate non-custodial parents’ access and visitation of their children.
I’m excited to be attending EAC Network’s Halloween Party to Protect Children on Sunday, October 26, from 2-5pm at the Crest Hollow Country Club in Woodbury, and I hope to meet you there!
GET TICKETS NOW BEFORE THEY SELL OUT! http://bit.ly/scarygood
Or, please donate to the cause. No amount is too small. Thank you all.