I should warn you that I’m delirious right now, and the screen is kinda looking like she’s posing for a series of "glamour shots." Even as I type this in the dark, on my bed, I’m almost not here because I’m way too focusd on the hands in front of me. Watching them typetypetype, and I have to say, it looks like two elephants out in the brush. Maybe they’re playng spit. You know, that random card game you play at camp, where you sit on a towel, even put the cards on a table. You have to act fast, or else… yeah, someone spits on you. Though I think this was revised at some point, and now it’s slap. You get to slap your opponent. Maybe this is what being "totally fried" feels like from a day of being "totally slammed" at work. All that said, I still believe that people with long lists of things to be done do have full lives. It’s easy to assume otherwise, that they are, in fact, creating drama or work where there is none. That they are hiding from their lives by creating meaningless distractions. But at least the people who’ve got crankyanking to-dos have things to do, to look forward to, even if it’s the dentist. When it’s on your list, you suffer through it, but you still get to thrill of crossing the sucker off. Ah, productivity. I love it.
But I’m sad.
Because there isn’t enough time in the day to do any of it. And I’m having trouble balancing. How do I fit in all I want to get done, with all I want to document, with all I want to do to keep healthy? It’s never been a balance; its been a Bacardi. At the end of the day, it comes down to a rum runner, kicking my feet up, letting go, and trying to do more tomorrow. I just wish instead of balancing vague things like kids and work and trying to keep a balance, it was more like school curriculums. You spend an hour and a half on one subject, then you move onto the next. Maybe I need an alarm bell.
I’m not complaining. Genuinely. I actually feel really alive and happy when there are projects to be tackled. Even now, all at once.
You know all those people you hear say, "I would, I really would. No, I will, WILL. Someday. When I have the time." There it is folks. Right there: our priorities. My list is long in what I’ll need to plow through to feel better about myself and the world around me. And I’m not the greatest multi-tasker. I love making headway, really flying through "have to’s" so I can make time for "want to’s." Here’s part of my list:
1) Love Phil
2) Videotape kids. Now is the time to interview them. Ask them silly questions. "What do you think love is?" "If a man wants to impress a woman, what should he do?" "What do you want to be when you grow up?" "What’s your favorite story/ color/ friend/ food?" We need to capture that.
3) Need to start culling images and video footage from the year for year end video montage.
4) Must get haircut, manicure, pedicure, and tan on a day where I can stay home and clean.
5) Make time to work out and also to hydrate and do hot yoga
6) Make another compote, like the swordfish one for when carol, dad, lea come.
1) Email S back
2) Add recipe to site for swordfish, post it in a stylish way, that will make people want to share it. Ideally we’d have a button on my site that allowed users to SHARE THIS. This function needs to be added to the list of shit that needs to get done.
3) Need to write post for tomorrow and schedule it for early AM, but I have a 9am radio interview.
4) Need to write and schedule a series of posts for this week.
5) Need to come up with
3 articles to twitter about in a funny way (thanks for the comment) and schedule those posts.
6) Need to go to bookstores and sign stock
7) Need to set up advertising on new site
9) Need someone to explain to me how to insert code. Often I read "just add this code before the /body tag on your main page, but I don’t know how to do this with PHP. My fear is this theme gets turned off, we turn on new one, and code I had in place disappears because we forget about it.
10) I need CSS set up so I don’t have to add "border=0" every time I post an image– I HATE when there’s a blue click line around image to show that it’s linkable. Someone who knows CSS must make sure this happens as the default.
11) VIDEO: for summer, I think I should do drinks. As in, a drink a week, a recipe, and my showing how to make it, with funny commentary. Describe the drink as a type of person, who I imagine drinking it, and where.
12) Need to write guest blog post about music soundtrack of Moose.
14) Need to write outline for movie then discuss it with Hollywood.
15) Speak to Joe and discuss next book proposal and what’s needed to get it into shape. Get crackin’ on it. All this while gearing up to work on a new tv series.Appoint a spot in kitchen where we place a monogrammed notepad with pen for when we run out of items
Around the House:
1) Gardening bag for outdoor entertaining caddy. Fill with:
Garbage bags for afterward cleanup, corkscrew, salt and pepper shakers, napkins with holder or weight, forks, spoons, knives, plates, etc.
2) Reorganize kitchen cabinets again (including junk drawer: even if it means putting menus in a binder again)
3) Reorganize clean out my bathroom space–clear out clutter
4) Reorganize guest bathroom selves (cluttered shit in there now)
5) Reorganize pantry, everything is in disarray
6) Research what to do with baking rack outside… and how I go about washing our towels in vinegar. I want them to be soft.
7) two coats of white spray paint for wheatback chairs, plus new cushions. Figure out where to store them when not in use. And touch up white mirror, clean it, and hang elsewhere.
8) Find an image to paint onto canvas, something funny that phil likes too. Ask coddling what type of paint he uses.
9) Throw all of Phil’s shit in a box and make him go through it. The office is a pit, and for months (not weeks or days, but MONTHS) I’ve been asking him to clean it. It does NOT MATTER that he knows where everything is. There are PILES of mess on the floors. To the point where Mr. Bikini now burries his bones there, in the mountain of crap.
10) Find a place for the kids’ special artwork, so we can have it years from now for them. Not everything, but the special art projects
11) Need to find a vinyl tree trunk with branches to stick to the kids’ wall. Then cut out green construction paper leaves, which we’ll each stick on the branches of the tree at bedtime (to make going to bed a fun activity).. on each leaf we write about our favorite moment of the day. What we’re thankful for, what we’re proud of, etc. Want to get this ritual going. Need time to make it happen though!